Tuesday, October 15, 2024

tiny steps today

 Today I determined that I needed to order a couple things for the fretboard, so I've got those coming and there may be a delay for a week before proceeding too far.

I did start on the jig for cutting the fret slots.  I'll need my new saw blade (coming tomorrow) to finish this pattern jig.  Then I'll show the rest of the jig that fits on the table saw.  

Thinking about it now I'm going to need to do some tweaking since my fretboard isn't flat on the bottom... this could be tricky.  Then again, I've got the matching piece so maybe just cut that off square and double stick tape it to the bottom of the fretboard.  This would square it up so I can cut fret slots on the top side of the fretboard using the jig.  That should work!


Brian

No comments: