Sunday, October 13, 2024

Time to glue on the top

 I did some clean up on the back stripe first.  I haven't touched it with sand paper yet.  I used a card scraper on the surface to get the zipper stripe flush with the back plate.  I love this wood!  I then used a rasp/file to bring the edges back flush with the sides.  I won't do any sanding until the top is also attached and flush.


I then did a bunch of looking and reflecting on the top, and decided it was good to go.

I signed the under side where no one will ever see it.  Then I glued it up and "clamped" it just using weight, but the bottom/sides/top are clamped between 2 matching radius dishes so they have even pressure all the way around.



Then I spent a little more time working on the bridge.  I don't know final dimensions yet for the bridge but I'm getting it closer.  



Once the top glue is set up I can start measuring for the nut/fretboard/bridge(saddle) dimensions.  When I know those dimensions I can get to work on the fretboard, which I'm kind of excited about.  

Hope I can pull it off!

Brian

No comments: