Monday, September 30, 2024

more plate work

 I un-clamped my remaining plates today and then sent them through the wide drum sander.  They're at about 0.120" per my calipers which is just about right.  There will be additional hand sanding after they get attached to the rim and the goal is about 0.110" when complete.  I wet the Sheoak, it's so beautiful!




I also trimmed up the back plate and put it in my 8ft radius dish, wetted and weighted so hopefully it will take a bit of that shape.  I'll need to make braces to hold it to shape next, just trying to decide if I should order QS (quarter sawn) Sitka Spruce or just go with some of my leftover WRC (Western Red Cedar).  I can't find the spruce locally so it would be a StewMac order.


I also reprinted my logo and glued it to the headstock plate.  I'll need to cut that out somehow, either via router, Dremel, or Xacto knife.  Then I'll need to cut a positive in a contrasting wood to inlay.


That was all for today.
Brian


No comments: