Hi all, sorry for the long stretch between posts.
I was asked by one of our StrumMn regulars, Susan, if I could reglue a bridge. No problem!
Before I could get to it I opened one of my own cases and my own bridge had popped off as well!
So here is a series of pictures of the ukes/bridges. The key to doing this is to locate them properly, I use masking tape, and then remove all glue from both pieces and any finish. Bridges really need to be glued wood to wood, not wood to finish.
I've got these all cleaned up and ready to glue but won't get to that until tomorrow. I need to decide if I want to actually clamp them or just apply weight in a careful manner. I've done it both ways and think I like just using weight as long as I'm careful with the glue.
Anyway, on with the pictures. I'll give an update when they're done and strung up.Brian
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wow very creative. I myself wouldn't work on a uke and would rather leave these type of issues to skilled craftsmen like you.
Post a Comment