Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Next meeting is Saturday 4/28, 10am-1pm

I reserved the NorthTown library meeting room for Saturday morning 4/28 from 10-1 and I hope a few of you can make it. The month of May is going to be tough, the library is currently available on Saturday the 12th but won't let me have 2 dates on the schedule at once so it could be gone by the 28th. If someone can find another location for a May meeting I'm open to suggestions. If nothing else comes up then I'll start looking for early June locations, maybe meet at a park or something.

Music-wise we're wide open for the 28th and can always repeat some of what we've done lately. I've tabbed out the version of Yesterday from the Jake "Play Loud Ukulele" dvd and I'm working on it. It's not real complicated but is still very challenging for me to play. I only have it on paper right now so I'll try to get it on the blog or at least bring paper copies on the 28th if anyone is interested in trying it. Anyone else have something they want to share that we can post ahead of time?

Hope to see you on the 28th!
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Gary doesn't mind, he sent me the following in an email. Try to get copies of the music if you're coming on the 28th.

Hi Brian, I've been playing some songs that are kind of fun and might be good for the Nursing home gig.
I got them from the Bettylou site. They are under Patti Page - Mockin' bird hill, Peter, Paul, and Mary - 500 Miles, and The Green green grass of home, I'm not sure were the last one is under. Also on the www.chordie.com, site I've been playing Yesterday too. See you on the 28th. Gary