Sunday, May 03, 2009

Woodworking season

Well it's finally warm enough to work out in the garage so I'm starting to pull out my tools.
I hope to build a couple ukes this summer with the goal to be complete before the Milwaukee Uke Fest in September. Okay, it's a long way off but I've got a busy summer ahead with a graduation party to prepare for, etc.

I'm planning to build another soprano with the forms I have on hand. I also have plans drawn up for a tenor so if I can build a new side bender form then that will be in the mix too.

I bought plans for a Regal style tenor guitar last year too, so if I have time and feel real ambitious then who knows what may come out of my garage.

As a starter I'm working on something a bit different as a mothers day gift for my mom. It's called a Reverie Harp and I'm building from a kit supplied by Musicmakers Kits in Stillwater, Mn.
The kit is built and I'm working on the finish now, I'll have build pictures up soon. It only took 2 days and would be an easy one for just about anybody.

I also bought a second set of hardware and plan to built a second harp for myself completely from scratch. The mahogany has already been resawn and glued up in a bookmatch for the top/back. Need to thickness sand and built up the side pieces. More when I get going on that.

Off to a StrumMn meeting now!
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting
about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly
certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Feel free to surf to my blog post; keyword software